Call for startups!
Accelerate your business development
Note: The call for applications 2020-21 has ended. Thanks to all participants!
Join the next MT Lab cohort for special access to our major partners in the tourism, culture and entertainment industry.
Help position Quebec as a unique, original destination.
MT Lab offers one-year personalized support, tailored to the development of your startup, in order to accelerate your collaboration with large companies.
1. Discover business opportunities in tourism, culture and entertainment
2. Meet industry leaders (10 major MT Lab partners)
3. Test your market relevance through co-development projects
4. Possibility to rent a low-cost, coworking space at MT Lab, in the heart of Montreal’s Quartier des spectacles
5. Opportunities for international commercialization
Find out more about our Incubation program.
Who can apply?
- As the MT Lab’s incubation program involves, first and foremost, collaboration with large companies, it is aimed at startups with an innovative, ready-to-market prototype.
- All projects will be considered, whether or not the startup has a technological profile and whether or not it is already involved in the tourism, culture and entertainment sector. The essential thing is that it must respond to the innovation needs of our major partners and other players in the field.
- Any Quebec, Canada or internationally based startup is welcome, as long as there is a representative in Montreal attending the mandatory MT Lab meetings.
Please note that the majority of activities take place at MT Lab in Montreal and are offered in French.
of incubated startups still active in these sectors
jobs created in 2 years and a half
opportunities per year to participate in customized networking activities per startup on average
Candidates for the 2020-21 cohort will be selected according to the following criteria:
– Innovative nature of the project, concept or service
– Economic potential of the company and its ability to create jobs
– Credibility and seriousness of the business plan
– Export potential of the solution nationally and internationally
– Contribution to the field of tourism, culture and entertainment
– Complementarity of the startups within MT Lab
– Responsiveness of the solution to one or more of the Innovation needs identified by our major partners
– Integration of responsible social and/or environmental measures
Please note: startup candidates must ensure that at least 1 person is available to participate in mandatory activities during the 1-year incubation program, in parallel with their own deliverables.
The selection jury
Candidates chosen to be part of the incubation program will be selected by a jury comprising the 10 major MT Lab partners, all leaders in the Quebec tourism, culture and entertainment sectors.
The 8 innovation needs of the major partners
The tourism, culture and entertainment sector can be divided into two interrelated parts: VISITOR /TRAVELER and LOCATION/DESTINATION.
Do you have a business solution that meets at least one of the following innovation needs?
VISITOR / TRAVELER :
Getting to know them so as to better respond to their needs
Optimizing and personalizing their arrival at their destination
Facilitating their travel to make their journey smoother
Offering more activities that are immersive and responsible
Optimizing the productivity and operation of reception infrastructures
Improving job opportunities and finding solutions to the labour shortage
Attracting and diversifying clientele and building customer loyalty
Increasing local social benefits and limiting environmental impact
>> Review the details of these 8 innovation needs of our major partners, including examples of concrete applications for each.
Stimulation Déja Vu
Maxime Gauthier Bourbonnais
Learn more about our incubation program.
You too could be part of our next cohort!